When you’re responsible for getting your family from A to B, extra space isn’t just nice – it’s necessary. With more and more carmakers releasing models that seat seven people and don’t break the bank, it’s easier than ever to find a car that fits the whole family.
Even when you need a car that seats seven, there are dozens of different makes and models on the market to choose from. Whether you’re looking for an affordable vehicle or a luxury car that can fit the whole family, you can find something that’s both practical and to your taste.
Exploring your options
Your lifestyle and budget are just two factors that will influence your decision, so do some research and find out what’s best for you. Some of the most popular family cars include:
- SEAT Alhambra: Consistently voted a stellar family car, this 7-seat MPV is praised for its efficient engine, carrying capacity and reclining middle-row seats. This car also comes complete with sliding doors, a feature that makes getting in and out easy for passengers of all ages.
- Land Rover Discovery 4: Practical meets luxury in this stylish family car. Featuring seven comfortable seats and an impressive off-road capability, this is a great choice if you’re regularly driving in the country. With a price tag starting at £38,825 though it’s one of the most expensive options on the market.
- Ford Grand C-Max: Boasting 58mpg, Ford’s family vehicle is an affordable choice that offers plenty of boot space, this MPV is regularly reviewed as being both practical and a pleasure to drive, proving you don’t have to compromise the feel behind the wheel when you’re searching for a reliable family car.
- Volkswagen Touran: What this car lacks in excitement it makes up for in usefulness. Practical, comfortable, reliable and affordable, although Volkswagen’s Touran is not necessarily the flashiest family car on the market today, it is a budget-friendly option that will get everyone where they need to go without hassle.
Ask the experts
The web is a great place to go when you’re looking for news and reviews about the best and most reliable family cars on the road today – there are experts all over the internet who are giving impartial reviews in trusted online publications.
Doing some research before you visit a dealership or book a test drive will help ensure you are ready to ask the right questions and make an informed decision before you invest in a new car. You can read reviews from other owners, compare different models against one another and read unbiased reviews from car enthusiasts who don’t have the primary motive of making a sale.
Articles like this one from Auto Express are a great place to begin your search and offer a brief overview of what’s currently on the market. Car buying website Car Wow has also put together it’s pick of the top ten 7-seater cars which also highlights each respective vehicle’s individual strengths.
Finally, consumer watchgroup Which? has released its own list of tips when buying a seven-seater family car, and covers everything from seating options to space for luggage.
The contents of this article are for reference purposes only and do not constitute financial or legal advice. Independent financial or legal advice should be sought in relation to any specific matter. Articles are published by us without any knowledge or notice of the circumstances in which you or anyone else may use or rely on articles or any copy of the information, guidance or documents obtained from articles. We operate and publish articles without undertaking or accepting any duty of care or responsibility for articles or their contents, services or facilities. You undertake to rely on them entirely at your own risk, and without recourse to us. No assurance of the quality of articles is given or undertaken (whether as to accuracy, completeness, fitness for any purpose, conformance to any description or sample, or otherwise), or as to the timeliness of the publication.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016
- Worried about retirement choices? - October 24, 2016
- Why does our hearing deteriorate as we get older? - October 24, 2016
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016