Discover the best travel destinations for 2014
Discovering exciting new places is one of the best parts of travelling – from cosmopolitan cities to remote hideaways surrounded by nature, there’s no shortage of options all over the world when you want to go beyond your own backyard.
But how to choose? Whether you’ve already travelled to some of the most popular spots in Europe or find yourself wanting a destination that’s not already overrun by tourists, take a look at the best travel destinations for 2014 and discover what has the world’s most avid travellers going back for more.
- Cordoba – Travel magazine National Geographic singled out the Argentinian city of Cordoba in its list of the top travel destinations of 2014, thanks to its gorgeous architecture and UNESCO World Heritage site status. The best time to visit is in the spring and fall, where temperatures are warm but comfortable and the skies are generally clear.
- Louisiana – New Orleans’ largest city is on the must-visit list this spring from travel experts Lonely Planet. Historic plantations, buzzing restaurants and the French Quarter Festival celebrating local music from jazz to blues are all on offer in a wonderful city full of music..
- Cape Town – Long celebrated for its lush natural landscapes, there’s no better time to visit the South African city of Cape Town. The city was recently named the World Design Capital for 2014 and has been selected by the Guardian as one of its top travel destinations this year – what better excuse could you need?
- Kashmir – Named the ‘Switzerland of Asia’ by the Telegraph on its list of best destinations this year, you can find culture and breath-taking scenery in abundance. Once restricted to travellers, Kashmir is once again open for business and offers a good blend of adventure and home comforts – the perfect holiday for explorers.
- Dubrovnik – The Huffington Post has tipped Croatia’s bustling coastal city of Dubrovnik as a must-see destination this year. With culture and natural beauty in abundance, you can learn the unique history of the medieval walled city before retiring to the shores of the Adriatic Sea to enjoy the warm weather.
Planning your holiday
Planning an affordable holiday is easier than ever when you go online to look or book – travel comparison websites and online travel agents and tour operators help you to compare prices and flight times, while reviews and recommendations from other travellers make it easy to figure out if what you’re planning suits your lifestyle.
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Iconic Trips for your Bucket List - August 17, 2017
- The “Oops” and Downs at Ideal World TV Shopping - August 17, 2017
- Would you choose a Walnut Whip without the nut? - August 16, 2017
- From Student to Surgeon: training to become a cardiothoracic surgeon - August 15, 2017
- How to Pay for 24/7 Live-in Care - August 14, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!