Top restaurants in Australia & Best Places to Eat
From Asian-inspired dishes to the freshest possible catch of the day, all over Australia you can find restaurants that excite and satisfy even your most particular craving.
Between fresh, exotic flavours, rare ingredients and spectacular surroundings, Australia’s culinary star has been on the rise in recent years; the island nation is becoming known for its wide array of dining options from original street food to opulent dining experiences that borrow inspiration from around the world. Whatever your personal taste, Australia’s best restaurants are serving up dishes that are sure to surprise and delight even the most seasoned traveller.
Grab a table at one of Australia’s best restaurants
If you’re looking for something you can’t get back home as you travel through Australia you won’t have to look far; cities like Sydney and Melbourne are a magnet for budding and established chefs who are turning traditional dining on its head with new dishes, fresh concepts and unique interiors. A few of the highlights include:
- Buffalo Dining Club – This popular eatery in Sydney is the perfect choice when you want a meal that’s quick and casual; the tiny restaurant bar specialises on Italian with a twist, and is so popular it’s said they go through one massive parmesan wheel every week.
- Paladarr Thai Issan – Asian influences can be found at their best in Melbourne’s Paladar Thai Issan restaurant. The dining room is relaxed and intimate, and from the menu you can choose between light bites and more substaintial dishes, all made with vibrant Thai flavours and the freshest possible ingredients.
- Alchemy – Brisbane’s Alchemy restaurant is a great choice if you want a table with a view. Overlooking the beautiful river, the chef team serve up decadent European-inspired dishes like duck breast and glazed fennel and baked peppered peach. With an impressive wine list to boot, Alchemy is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- 4Fourteen – The bright, relaxed dining room at Sydney’s 4Fourteen is a treat to eat at and a great place to enjoy a laugh with family and friends. The restaurant specialises in modern comfort food and offers up diners generous portions, a bit of innovation and absolutely no pretension.
Booking a reservation
If you’re looking for the perfect restaurant while you’re travelling through Australia, the internet can be a great source of inspiration inspiration; Gourmet Traveller’s restaurant guide is filled with hand-picked recommendations for the best restaurants around the country and makes it easy to browse your options and read reviews. Similarly, the Australian Good Food Guide is a great resource with an extensive list of restaurants around the country, each review complete with a write up and practical information about each eatery.
Services like Book a Restaurant from Velocity Dining and Dimmi and also make it easy to find and book a restaurant online – you can browse popular restaurants, making instant bookings and find great deals on restaurants that have been approved by other like-minded diners.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- The unwavering popularity of Optiflame® - February 20, 2017
- Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? - February 20, 2017
- The Active Collection from Hotter - February 20, 2017
- Enjoy the benefits of owning a dog without the commitment - February 20, 2017
- Win a case of wine up to the value of £250! - February 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!