From Asian-inspired dishes to the freshest possible catch of the day, all over Australia you can find restaurants that excite and satisfy even your most particular craving.
Between fresh, exotic flavours, rare ingredients and spectacular surroundings, Australia’s culinary star has been on the rise in recent years; the island nation is becoming known for its wide array of dining options from original street food to opulent dining experiences that borrow inspiration from around the world. Whatever your personal taste, Australia’s best restaurants are serving up dishes that are sure to surprise and delight even the most seasoned traveller.
Grab a table at one of Australia’s best restaurants
If you’re looking for something you can’t get back home as you travel through Australia you won’t have to look far; cities like Sydney and Melbourne are a magnet for budding and established chefs who are turning traditional dining on its head with new dishes, fresh concepts and unique interiors. A few of the highlights include:
- Buffalo Dining Club – This popular eatery in Sydney is the perfect choice when you want a meal that’s quick and casual; the tiny restaurant bar specialises on Italian with a twist, and is so popular it’s said they go through one massive parmesan wheel every week.
- Paladarr Thai Issan – Asian influences can be found at their best in Melbourne’s Paladar Thai Issan restaurant. The dining room is relaxed and intimate, and from the menu you can choose between light bites and more substaintial dishes, all made with vibrant Thai flavours and the freshest possible ingredients.
- Alchemy – Brisbane’s Alchemy restaurant is a great choice if you want a table with a view. Overlooking the beautiful river, the chef team serve up decadent European-inspired dishes like duck breast and glazed fennel and baked peppered peach. With an impressive wine list to boot, Alchemy is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- 4Fourteen – The bright, relaxed dining room at Sydney’s 4Fourteen is a treat to eat at and a great place to enjoy a laugh with family and friends. The restaurant specialises in modern comfort food and offers up diners generous portions, a bit of innovation and absolutely no pretension.
Booking a reservation
If you’re looking for the perfect restaurant while you’re travelling through Australia, the internet can be a great source of inspiration inspiration; Gourmet Traveller’s restaurant guide is filled with hand-picked recommendations for the best restaurants around the country and makes it easy to browse your options and read reviews. Similarly, the Australian Good Food Guide is a great resource with an extensive list of restaurants around the country, each review complete with a write up and practical information about each eatery.
Services like Book a Restaurant from Velocity Dining and Dimmi and also make it easy to find and book a restaurant online – you can browse popular restaurants, making instant bookings and find great deals on restaurants that have been approved by other like-minded diners.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016