David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
Silversurfers is delighted to announce our partnership with the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a hands-on, effective charity, raising funds and awareness to fight wildlife crime in Africa and Asia and save critically endangered mammals in the wild.
With thousands of elephants and rhinos being killed for their tusks and horns there has never been such a need to stop this terrible poaching.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is an adaptable and flexible, non-bureaucratic organisation responding promptly to conservation threats by supporting trusted, reputable individuals and organisations operating in the field.
Lean on administration but generous on funding, David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation supports a range of innovative, vital and far-reaching projects throughout Africa and Asia, achieving real results for wildlife survival by:
- sending undercover agents into the field to investigate illegal wildlife crime, training and supplying anti-poaching patrols
- establishing nature reserves and other protected areas
- educating wildlife consumers about the plight of the animals they ‘use’
- teaching young people about endangered wildlife through art and school projects
Recent achievements of DSWF include
- launching TigerTime, a campaign to save the tiger in the wild and bring an end to the illegal trade in tiger parts from all sources
- uncovering ivory cartels in Zambia, seizing thousands of pounds worth of ivory and arresting poachers
- setting up Zambia’s first elephant orphanage project to rescue, rehabilitate and release the innocent victims of ivory poaching
- providing increased funding for extra security to protect black rhino in South Africa
- reducing poaching in Russia, allowing Amur tigers to increase from 100 to over 400 in the wild
- purchasing land next to one of South Africa’s National Parks, home to the last 800 surviving mountain zebra, extending the park by over 200%
- funding the first ever anti-poaching dog squad in Assam to track down rhino and tiger poachers in India’s most north-eastern state
- funding undercover operations of Africa’s first cross-border Task Force fighting wildlife smuggling
Call: 01483 272323
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Freedom and confidence for colostomates - April 23, 2018
- Over 50s Travel Insurance from Just Travel Cover - April 23, 2018
- Do you think St George’s Day and St David’s should be made national holidays? - April 23, 2018
- The Queen – her life in pictures as she celebrates her 92nd birthday - April 21, 2018
- Back-Roads Touring brings the small group experience to Asia - April 19, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!