David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
Silversurfers is delighted to announce our partnership with the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a hands-on, effective charity, raising funds and awareness to fight wildlife crime in Africa and Asia and save critically endangered mammals in the wild.
With thousands of elephants and rhinos being killed for their tusks and horns there has never been such a need to stop this terrible poaching.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is an adaptable and flexible, non-bureaucratic organisation responding promptly to conservation threats by supporting trusted, reputable individuals and organisations operating in the field.
Lean on administration but generous on funding, David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation supports a range of innovative, vital and far-reaching projects throughout Africa and Asia, achieving real results for wildlife survival by:
- sending undercover agents into the field to investigate illegal wildlife crime, training and supplying anti-poaching patrols
- establishing nature reserves and other protected areas
- educating wildlife consumers about the plight of the animals they ‘use’
- teaching young people about endangered wildlife through art and school projects
Recent achievements of DSWF include
- launching TigerTime, a campaign to save the tiger in the wild and bring an end to the illegal trade in tiger parts from all sources
- uncovering ivory cartels in Zambia, seizing thousands of pounds worth of ivory and arresting poachers
- setting up Zambia’s first elephant orphanage project to rescue, rehabilitate and release the innocent victims of ivory poaching
- providing increased funding for extra security to protect black rhino in South Africa
- reducing poaching in Russia, allowing Amur tigers to increase from 100 to over 400 in the wild
- purchasing land next to one of South Africa’s National Parks, home to the last 800 surviving mountain zebra, extending the park by over 200%
- funding the first ever anti-poaching dog squad in Assam to track down rhino and tiger poachers in India’s most north-eastern state
- funding undercover operations of Africa’s first cross-border Task Force fighting wildlife smuggling
Call: 01483 272323
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Quiz: Can you name all these types of pasta? - October 24, 2021
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021