‘Tremendous job satisfaction’ ‘Making a difference to individuals and communities’ Enabling Lives to be changed’
Just a few quotes from some of our creative, enthusiastic fundraisers country-wide, who create a fantastic range of challenging, fun and successful fundraising activities.
What could you find yourself doing?
Why not check out our website for some of the extraordinary range of initiatives happening right now.
All ages are involved and we would love to hear from over 50’s, so come on Silversurfers. Why not be inspired to:
- Use the unique Michelin Starred chef recipes we have been given for your own Baking Challenge:
- Round up local schoolchildren for a three-legged challenge:
- Be inspired by the couple who are to climb Mont Blanc to raise funds for the charity:
- Apply for one of our places to run in the next London Marathon:
- Get into Swishing and swap your clothes, shoes and accessories to raise funds for our veterans.
- Copy our Seasonal walkers and do a Hot Cross Bun Hike this Easter
What Do We do?
Walking With The Wounded is a vibrant charity which has grown very fast since it was established to support the employment aspirations and vocational outcomes of our wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women, those who have been physically, mentally and socially disadvantaged by their service.
WWTW recognises the inherent skills of our armed service personnel and wants to compliment these qualities, as well as provide support to transfer their skills into the civilian workplace. We offer assistance through our programmes to those vulnerable veterans who have been physically, mentally or socially disadvantaged by their service and assist them in gaining independence through new long term careers outside of the military.
This includes providing support to homeless veterans and veterans in the Criminal Justice System, areas which are too often ignored.
The outcome? Sustainable employment and independence for them and their families.
For more information or to discuss your fundraising plan, please call or email [email protected]. 01263 860 900.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016
- Worried about retirement choices? - October 24, 2016
- Why does our hearing deteriorate as we get older? - October 24, 2016
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016