Why a funeral plan is important
Many people have savings and investments and may think they have everything in hand in regards to making provision for their funeral.
It’s a great way to freeze the cost of the funeral services included in a plan at today’s prices because nobody knows what those prices will be in years to come.
This means that any interest gained on any savings and investments may not keep up with rising funeral costs, and may leave a shortfall in funds when the time comes.
Just like making a Will or Inheritance Tax planning, funeral planning should also be an important part of your estate planning considerations. It’s an unavoidable truth hat everyone will need a funeral one day and that this will incur a cost. Making a financial provision for your funeral is one of the best ways to achieve this.
Why choose Dignity?
We have partnered with Dignity, one of the UK’s most trusted providers of Funeral Services and Prepaid Funeral Plans, serving local communities nationwide.
- Dignity’s oldest funeral director opened in 1812. Today Dignity has a network of over 1,200 owned or approved funeral directors across the UK. Dignity’s own funeral directors conducted over 72,300 funerals in 2018* alone.
- Since introducing the first funeral plan into the UK in 1985, Dignity has helped more than 910,000* people make provision for their funeral in advance.
- Dignity’s customer survey results demonstrate their high levels of customer service, with 97.7%* of families who responded after the funeral saying they would recommend Dignity to their family and friends.
- Dignity offers a choice of four guaranteed funeral plans. Each includes arrangements for a cremation funeral as specified in the plan. A burial option is also available.
- Every Dignity funeral plan includes the essential services, however you can personalise your plan through special requests, such as a favourite hymn or flower^. Special requests are recorded in the plan, and loved ones will be advised of them when the time comes.
- Dignity funeral plans are available to everyone aged 50 or over, without medical questions or health checks.
The Dignity Promise†
If you choose to pay for your funeral plan over more than 12 months, and pass away before you’ve finished paying for it, Dignity will cover your outstanding balance. They won’t ask your loved ones to pay a penny more than you’ve already paid for all the services included in your plan.
- Dignity’s funeral plans are portable anywhere in the UK free of charge
- The Cremation fee is included within the plan. Some other providers only include a contribution to the Cremation fee
- Peace of mind with the Dignity Promise†
- Competitively priced within the marketplace
*Dignity plc Annual Report and Accounts 2018
^Certain costs incurred from these requests may not be covered by the plan and will need to be paid for at the time of the funeral. Special requests are available with the Limited Funeral Plan but it is not possible to make any contribution towards these in advance.
†See the Instalment Payments section of the Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan Terms and Conditions for further details.
All calls to 0800 numbers are free whether made from a landline or mobile. Calls may be recorded for monitoring and quality purposes.