Travel all over the world with these prize-winning photographs
The stunning images are category winners for the 2021 CEWE Photo Award.
In a world that’s changed so much over the last 18 months or so, photography is one of the best ways to document what’s going on around us.
Prizes such as the 2021 CEWE Photo Award have become more important than ever, helping to highlight some of the best photography of the moment. The winners of each category are incredible in their own ways – maybe they remind you of the beauty of the familiar, or perhaps they transport you to somewhere completely new.
One winner was selected from the 606,000 entries – and it’s a haunting image of a frozen lighthouse on the German island of Rügen.
The photographer Manfred Voss says: “I consciously try to capture the beauty of our world in pictures. It was impressive to see what a beautiful ice sculpture nature has formed from this man-made lighthouse.”
The overall theme for the competition was ‘Our world is beautiful’, and Voss’ image wasn’t the only one making an impact.
He took home the top prize and was the winner of the landscapes category, but there were nine other categories for amateur and professional photographers to enter. These are the best images from each…
Travel and culture
Cooking and food
Hobby and leisure
Architecture and technology
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- World Menopause Day: Lorraine Kelly on redefining menopause and keeping the conversation going - October 18, 2021
- Paul O’Grady won’t let three heart attacks stop him enjoying life - October 15, 2021
- Why do we love sad music so much? - October 15, 2021
- Diets rich in nuts, seeds, oils and tofu cut the risk of death - October 14, 2021
- The Natural History Museum’s Wildlife Photographer of the Year has been announced - October 13, 2021