Enjoy a great social life for less
Getting more out of our social lives is something all of us should be doing no matter what our age, and if you can save some money while you are heading out and about then so much the better.
There are many ways you can boost your social life for less, and we decided to gather together a few of the best ways that Silvercard+ helps you save money, to give you a few ideas:
1. Theatre tickets – going out to the theatre has become increasingly expensive, but there are plenty of deals to be had. For example, Silvercard+ holders can get up to 50% off Ambassador Theatre Group tickets, which includes popular West End shows like Jersey Boys, Wicked and Disney’s The Lion King, plus concerts such as Simple Minds and The Proclaimers.
So, that would mean that booking the two best available seats at the time of writing for the Saturday 7 March performance of Wicked in the West End would cost you £37.75 instead of £75.50.
For an extra £5, Silvercard+ members can also get all fees waived on most productions and can even get 10% off drinks at the bar, and access special offers on food and drink and days out. This includes deals at eight individual restaurants in Bristol alone.
2. Eat out for less – going out for a meal is one of the best ways to socialise with friends, and there are so many discounts available that if you are paying full price for a meal in most restaurants these days, you are missing out. If you have a specific local restaurant you enjoy visiting it is always worth asking them if they would give you a discount, especially if you are in a club and will bring extra people with you when you visit.
Alternatively, most chains now have online deals that you can benefit from, so you can get discounts on everything from Zizzi to Cafe Rouge so it is worth checking before you head out. Signing up to newsletters for your favourite restaurants will ensure you never miss a deal.
There are also some dining clubs that are worth considering if you like eating out regularly, and you can get as much as 50% off meals at 6,500 restaurants through Silvercard+ with the Gourmet Society. In addition, you can now get up to 40% off your cinema tickets which includes films at big name cinema chains as well as local independents. Silvercard+ holders get membership for free for the first two months from The Gourmet Society.
3. Cut the cost of health and leisure – no matter what you have as a hobby, there are deals that can help you get more for less. Golf lovers may want to check out iSpyGolf, which offers the latest information on golf courses, club memberships, society packages and golf breaks. Courses are listed worldwide, not just in the UK, so you can check out courses where you are planning a break away, to make the most of them in advance.
Other offers include a 10% discount on Fitness Gym Membership with Nuffield Health, £75 off a health assessment from BMI Healthcare, and £35 off Slimming World Gold membership – which is normally £99.95 for three months’ sign up.
Try Silvercard+ for FREE
To celebrate the launch of Silvercard+ we’re giving our first 100,000 applicants a six month subscription – for FREE!
Become a member today to start benefiting through incredible discounts. Silvercard+ usually costs £12 annually, and can pay for itself with just one discounted purchase!
Why should I join today?
• Six months FREE membership if you sign up today – First 100,000 only, so don’t delay!
• Save money on your favourite brands
• New partners and deals added continually
• Simple to use – no vouchers or points – just great discounts
• After your FREE 6 months, membership is only £1 per month