Beef and Red Pepper Noodle Broth
Beef and Red Pepper Noodle Broth is a tasty meal in a bowl, which not only looks stunning, but is healthy and delicious too!
Easy to make, and the quantity can easily be divided by four to make a meal for one!
- 450g/1lb lean beef stir-fry strips
- 10ml/2tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp soy sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp prepared chilli or Schezuan sauce
- 1.2L/2pint good, hot beef or vegetable stock
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 175g/6oz fresh or dried fine egg noodles
- 200g/7oz pak choi or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and finely sliced and cut into half widthways
- Small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Large bunch freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
In a medium bowl dust the stir-fry strips in the Chinese five-spice powder. Add the soy sauce and chilli or schezuan sauce. Cover and set aside.
In a large pan add the stock, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and pak choi or cabbage. Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the beef with the marinade mixture and the red pepper. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Remove from the heat, season if required and stir through half the spring onions and coriander.
Divide the broth between four bowls and garnish with the remaining, spring onions and coriander.
Recipe supplied by: Simply Beef and Lamb
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Which travel adventure is top of your Bucket List? - June 26, 2017
- Does the country need a new ‘caretaker’ prime minister? - June 25, 2017
- Escape to Ardencote Manor - June 25, 2017
- Five Essentials for Carers Looking After Someone with Dementia - June 22, 2017
- Over 50s ‘should have more sex to boost their IQ’ - June 22, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!