Beef and Red Pepper Noodle Broth
Beef and Red Pepper Noodle Broth is a tasty meal in a bowl, which not only looks stunning, but is healthy and delicious too!
Easy to make, and the quantity can easily be divided by four to make a meal for one!
- 450g/1lb lean beef stir-fry strips
- 10ml/2tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp soy sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp prepared chilli or Schezuan sauce
- 1.2L/2pint good, hot beef or vegetable stock
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 175g/6oz fresh or dried fine egg noodles
- 200g/7oz pak choi or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and finely sliced and cut into half widthways
- Small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Large bunch freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
In a medium bowl dust the stir-fry strips in the Chinese five-spice powder. Add the soy sauce and chilli or schezuan sauce. Cover and set aside.
In a large pan add the stock, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and pak choi or cabbage. Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the beef with the marinade mixture and the red pepper. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Remove from the heat, season if required and stir through half the spring onions and coriander.
Divide the broth between four bowls and garnish with the remaining, spring onions and coriander.
Recipe supplied by: Simply Beef and Lamb
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX