Beetroot and Egg Power Salad
This beautiful beetroot Power Salad by Yvonne Bishop-Weston not only looks stunning, but tastes delicious and provides a quick healthy balanced meal.
Serves: 1-2 depending on appetite!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
For the dressing:
50g natural organic yogurt or soya yogurt
4g (1 teaspoon) fresh dill – finely chopped
10g (1 teaspoon) horseradish
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the salad:
2 Omega-3 eggs hard boiled or poached
80g cooked beetroot – chopped
60g yellow pepper – chopped
40g (2 tablespoons) sprouted beans and lentils (supermarket mix)
2 handfuls (40g) of mixed leaves – washed and drained
6 walnut halves
Rock salt to taste
1 slice of rye toast topped with half a small avocado black pepper and lemon juice or with houmous or tahini
What to do:
Mix the dressing ingredients together.
Boil the eggs (we like the yolks to be a little soft and ever so slightly runny but you should cook them to your taste).
Place the leaves on a plate. Mix the beetroot, peppers and sprouted beans and place on the leaves. Cut the egg into halves and place on the beetroot mix with the walnuts
Top with the dressing and serve immediately.
Toast the rye bread and add the topping of your choice
Recipe from: www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win £1,000 to spend on an Explore holiday - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Copies of The Daughters of War - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of FIVE copies of the fabulous More Taste & Less Waste Cookbook! - December 1, 2021
- Christmas Decorations Masterclass: Make your own Festive Wreath, Garland and Flower Centrepieces - November 30, 2021
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021