Blueberry Bread and Butter Pudding
This very simple recipe is a twist on the traditional bread and butter pudding – fruity and zesty and utterly delicious!
Rather than cutting the bread into triangles, lemon curd sandwiches have been made then cut into cubes and scattered into the dish with a generous sprinkling of blueberries for an easy comforting winter pudding.
Serves 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Standing time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
8 slices white bread
4 tbsp lemon curd
150g (5oz) blueberries
150ml (1/4 pint) milk
150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
50g (2oz) caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
25g (1oz) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Spread half the bread slices with lemon curd then cover with the remaining slices. Trim off the crusts then cut each sandwich into 8 cubes. Add to a buttered shallow ovenproof dish that is about 1.2 litre (2 pints) and scatter with the blueberries.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream with the sugar then pour over the bread and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes until the bread is golden and the custard just set. Scoop into bowls and serve warm with a drizzle of cream.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win £150 to spend on men’s clothing at Joseph Turner! - August 21, 2018
- Join David and Helene in an adventure around the world - August 18, 2018
- Looking for volunteers for Make-a-Wish - August 17, 2018
- Stair Lifts versus Home Elevators - August 17, 2018
- Autumn must-haves - August 16, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!