This very simple recipe is a twist on the traditional bread and butter pudding – fruity and zesty and utterly delicious!
Rather than cutting the bread into triangles, lemon curd sandwiches have been made then cut into cubes and scattered into the dish with a generous sprinkling of blueberries for an easy comforting winter pudding.
Serves 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Standing time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
8 slices white bread
4 tbsp lemon curd
150g (5oz) blueberries
150ml (1/4 pint) milk
150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
50g (2oz) caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
25g (1oz) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Spread half the bread slices with lemon curd then cover with the remaining slices. Trim off the crusts then cut each sandwich into 8 cubes. Add to a buttered shallow ovenproof dish that is about 1.2 litre (2 pints) and scatter with the blueberries.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream with the sugar then pour over the bread and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes until the bread is golden and the custard just set. Scoop into bowls and serve warm with a drizzle of cream.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Peep Ho by Barbara Wooldridge - December 10, 2016
- Which is your favourite Frank Sinatra Song? - December 10, 2016
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016