Blueberry Bread and Butter Pudding
This very simple recipe is a twist on the traditional bread and butter pudding – fruity and zesty and utterly delicious!
Rather than cutting the bread into triangles, lemon curd sandwiches have been made then cut into cubes and scattered into the dish with a generous sprinkling of blueberries for an easy comforting winter pudding.
Serves 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Standing time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
8 slices white bread
4 tbsp lemon curd
150g (5oz) blueberries
150ml (1/4 pint) milk
150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
50g (2oz) caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
25g (1oz) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Spread half the bread slices with lemon curd then cover with the remaining slices. Trim off the crusts then cut each sandwich into 8 cubes. Add to a buttered shallow ovenproof dish that is about 1.2 litre (2 pints) and scatter with the blueberries.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream with the sugar then pour over the bread and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes until the bread is golden and the custard just set. Scoop into bowls and serve warm with a drizzle of cream.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Have you been able to book your Covid Booster yet? - October 21, 2021
- Trip ideas for 2022: travel specialists share their insider knowledge - October 21, 2021
- Welcome to park home living - October 19, 2021
- What is equity release and could it be right for you? - October 14, 2021
- Do you eat less meat than you used to? - October 11, 2021