Blueberry and Lemon Curd Muffins
These delicious blueberry lemon curd muffins are easy and quick to bake and make for the perfect breakfast or teatime treat.
The tangy blueberry and lemon make these muffins both tart and sweet, and are especially delicious served warm.
Makes: approx 10 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g butter
- 200g blueberries
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 free range eggs
- 150 ml semi skimmed milk
- 10 tsp lemon curd
- 6 tsps demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 6.
- Line a deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter in a small pan and melt, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Wash the blueberries and pat dry, toss in a little flour.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, blueberries and lemon zest.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk and melted butter, mix together and pour into the flour mixture. Mix together quickly and lightly, the mixture should still look a bit lumpy.
- Divide between the muffin cases, make a little indent and place a teaspoon of lemon curd on the top of each one, sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake for approx 20 mins until risen and golden. Cool for at least a few minutes before enjoying.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Will you purchase an international driving permit? - July 17, 2019
- Tomato and avocado salad with a lime & chilli dressing - July 16, 2019
- Clever uses for cotton wool balls - July 15, 2019
- Clever uses for nail varnish remover - July 15, 2019
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake - July 14, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!