Coconut and macadamia berry crumble
This delicious berry crumble is a spin on an old favourite and perfect for the winter months when you want a warming treat.
The macadamia nuts and coconut flakes and flavour and texture, meaning you don’t need quite as much sugar as you would with a traditional crumble recipe.
Serves: 4-6 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 25 minutes
- 700g mixed fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 100g salted butter cubed
- 150g plain flour
- 50g desiccated coconut or large flakes
- 50g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 50g soft brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan assisted. In a medium bowl, mix together the fruit with the sugar, cornflour and vanilla paste. Pour into a baking dish, about 25cm round or 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl mix the flour, coconut, butter, sugar and a little salt together. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until its a rough gravel. Add the nuts and pour over the fruit. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Love Fresh Berries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Vote for your favourite Rolling Stones hit song - July 19, 2019
- Step back in time: to 1969 - July 19, 2019
- Clever uses for aluminium foil - July 18, 2019
- Will you purchase an international driving permit? - July 17, 2019
- Tomato and avocado salad with a lime & chilli dressing - July 16, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!