Coconut and macadamia berry crumble
This delicious berry crumble is a spin on an old favourite and perfect for the autumn months when you want a warming treat.
The macadamia nuts and coconut flakes and flavour and texture, meaning you don’t need quite as much sugar as you would with a traditional crumble recipe.
Serves: 4-6 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 25 minutes
- 700g mixed fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 100g salted butter cubed
- 150g plain flour
- 50g desiccated coconut or large flakes
- 50g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 50g soft brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan assisted. In a medium bowl, mix together the fruit with the sugar, cornflour and vanilla paste. Pour into a baking dish, about 25cm round or 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl mix the flour, coconut, butter, sugar and a little salt together. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until its a rough gravel. Add the nuts and pour over the fruit. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Love Fresh Berries