Double berry muffins
Made with wholemeal flour and a double berry boost, these muffins are the perfect treat for all the family.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
150g (5oz) plain wholemeal flour
150g (5oz) plain white flour
3 level teaspoons baking powder
100g (4oz) caster sugar
50g (2oz) butter
4 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
150g (5oz) low fat natural yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium eggs
100g (4oz) raspberries
100g (4oz) blueberries
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Separate 12 paper cake cases and put into a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Add the brown and white flour to a mixing bowl, add the baking powder and sugar and stir together with a fork.
- Cut the butter into pieces, add to a medium bowl that you can put in the microwave and heat on full power for 30 seconds or until melted. Add the oil, yogurt and vanilla to the butter, then break in the eggs and beat together with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir with a fork until only just mixed. Add the berries and stir together gently. The less you mix the lighter the muffins will be.
- Drop spoonfuls of the muffin mixture into the paper cases, there’s no need to smooth the tops. Bake for 15 minutes until they are well risen, the tops are golden brown and when you press the top of one muffin it feels springy and your finger doesn’t leave a mark.
- Take out of the oven with oven gloves, cool muffins in the tin for 15 minutes then lift out of the tin carefully and put on a wire rack to cool.
Recipe from: Seasonal Berries
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Could you give up using wet wipes? - May 22, 2019
- A Week of Garden Celebrations at Leeds Castle 24th to 30th June 2019 - May 22, 2019
- Indulgent Escapes - May 22, 2019
- Inspiring expert-led experiences worldwide with ACE Cultural Tours - May 20, 2019
- Discover the world as a solo traveller - May 20, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!