Easter chocolate cupcakes
Easy to make, delicious to eat. These Easter chocolate cupcakes are sure to go down a treat with the family over Easter.
Cooking Time: 15 – 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
For the cakes:
115g (4oz) Stork tub margarine
115g (4oz) caster sugar
2 large eggs
115g (4oz) self-raising flour, sieved with 1 tablespoon cocoa and ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the icing:
85g (3oz) Stork tub margarine
1–2 tablespoons milk
1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
225g (8 oz) icing sugar (less 1 tablespoon), sieved
100g mini chocolate eggs, to decorate
What to do:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190 ˚C, 170 ˚C Fan, Gas 5
2. Put all the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 – 3 minutes until gooey and well combined
3. Spoon the mixture into 18 – 20 paper cases or 12 – 14 muffin cases placed in patty tins
4. Place them on the second from top shelf of your pre-heated oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes
5. Take your cakes out and leave them to cool on a wire rack
6. Beat all your icing ingredients together in a mixing bowl until smooth
7. Spread or pipe the mixture over each cake to form a little nest, and pop a few chocolate eggs inside!
Recipe by: Bake with Stork
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Special offer from Number 1 Best Selling Amazon Crime Author – Simon McCleave - January 21, 2021
- Reminisce on the Best Moments of Your Year - January 21, 2021
- Time to take up a new hobby? 7 Cross-Stitch designs to try this winter - January 21, 2021
- The best sites for senior life insurance - January 20, 2021
- Have you received your Winter Fuel Payment yet? - January 19, 2021
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!