Raspberry and apple turnovers
These delicious raspberry and apple turnovers can be made as a teatime snack or served with a dollop of ice cream for a decadent dessert.
makes: 8 prep time: 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes freezing cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 150g raspberries
- 30g castor sugar
- half tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 375 ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg beaten for brushing
- 4 tbsps icing sugar
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 210c/190c fan assisted. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat. Roll the pastry a bit thinner so that its a half cm thick. Cut the dough into 8 (12cm x 12cm) squares. Chill while you make the filling.
- In a medium bowl mix the apples with the raspberries, cornflour, sugar, and vanilla paste. Mix together and set aside. Arrange the 8 squares in a diamond shape. Brush the edges with egg and divide the fruit between the squares situating the mixture on the lower half of the diamond. Fold one corner over so that it becomes a triangle. Use a fork to press the edges down. Trim the excess dough, brush the tops with egg and place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or until hard. Slice a few cuts on the top of each. Place the paper and pastries on the hot baking tray and cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool on a rack.
- In a small bowl mix together the icing sugar with the lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. When the pastries are done and cooled, drizzle the icing over.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Would you feel comfortable going cashless? - March 20, 2019
- Tatin of Shallots and Port with Creamy Goat’s Cheese - March 19, 2019
- Understanding your carbon footprint - March 18, 2019
- What name would you choose for Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child? - March 17, 2019
- Stars will be out in force as Red Nose Day returns - March 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!