Raspberry and Chocolate Lamingtons
This traditional Australian treat is the perfect summer indulgence and easy to make at home.
The light chocolate sponge, tart raspberry and sweet coconut create a decadent blend of flavours to satisfy just about any sweet tooth.
Makes: 16 Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 x 340g jar seedless raspberry jam
- 150g desiccated coconut
What to do:
- Pre-heat oven 180c/160c fan/ gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually add the eggs beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir in, add half of the milk and stir, gradually add the rest of the milk and vanilla essence. Spoon into the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes until springy to the touch, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool a little then turn onto a wire rack, cover and leave overnight.
- Cut the cake into 16 squares, spread evenly on all sides with the jam then roll into the desiccated coconut until evenly coated.
Recipe courtesy of: www.streamlinefoods.co.uk
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Is marriage outdated? - February 20, 2018
- Introducing a new partner to your children and grandchildren - February 19, 2018
- Clever uses for nail files - February 16, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog - February 15, 2018
- Set yourself a new goal for Lent - February 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!