Streamline Blackcurrant Breakfast Muffins
Make these deliciously healthy breakfast muffins at the start of the week ready for breakfasts on the go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
100g spelt flour
50g golden caster sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1tsp mixed spice
50g rapeseed oil
1 Pink Lady apple, grated
1 medium egg beaten
1 banana, mashed
50ml semi skimmed milk
8tsp Streamline Blackcurrant Jam
1tsp demerara sugar
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Line 6 holes of a muffin tin with muffin cases or greaseproof paper. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and spice. In a separate bowl combine the oil, grated apple, milk, beaten egg and mashed banana. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and combine quickly but don’t over mix.
Then pour 1 dessert spoon of mixture into each case and make a well in the centre. Put a teaspoon of Streamline Blackcurrant jam in the middle and gently top with another dessert spoon of mixture. Divide any leftover mixture between the cases and sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little demerara sugar. Bake for 25-30mins until the tops are browned and the muffins are cooked through. Put on a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by: streamline foods
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win £1,000 to spend on an Explore holiday - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Copies of The Daughters of War - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of FIVE copies of the fabulous More Taste & Less Waste Cookbook! - December 1, 2021
- Christmas Decorations Masterclass: Make your own Festive Wreath, Garland and Flower Centrepieces - November 30, 2021
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021