White chocolate and raspberry blondies
White chocolate and raspberry blondies are a great alternative to the classic brownies.
Cuts into 12
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
150 g (5 oz) white chocolate
100 g (4 oz) butter
175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200 g (7 oz) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
175 g (6 oz) raspberries
75 (3 oz) white chocolate, melted to decorate
WHAT TO DO:
1) Preheat an oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4. Line an 18 x 28 cm (7 x 11 inch) roasting tin with a large piece of non-stick baking paper, snipping diagonally into the corners so that the paper fits snugly over the base and up the sides of the tin.
2) Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the butter and set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and leave until melted.
3) Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a second bowl with an electric whisk for about 5 minutes until very thick and the mixture will leave a trail when the whisk is lifted up.
4) Gently fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture then the flour and baking powder. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and sprinkle with the raspberries.
5) Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen, the top is crusty and the centre still a little soft. Leave to cool in the tin then lift the paper and blondies out of the tin and put on to a chopping board. Drizzle with the melted chocolate to decorate then leave to set. Cut into squares and peel off the paper to serve.
Unlike a Victoria sandwich style cake, blondies or brownies are almost better if they are slightly undercooked as the high proportion of chocolate will firm up slightly as it cools.
Recipe by: Seasonal Berries
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Silversurfers November Survey – we need your help! - November 23, 2020
- Free2 – Give us your feedback - November 19, 2020
- Wild Water for Whisky - November 19, 2020
- Christmas Gifting by Arthr - November 18, 2020
- Should there be a relaxation of restrictions for the Christmas period? - November 18, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!