These delicious blueberry lemon curd muffins are easy and quick to bake and make for the perfect breakfast or teatime treat.
The tangy blueberry and lemon make these muffins both tart and sweet, and are especially delicious served warm.
Makes: approx 10 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g butter
- 200g blueberries
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 free range eggs
- 150 ml semi skimmed milk
- 10 tsp lemon curd
- 6 tsps demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 6.
- Line a deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter in a small pan and melt, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Wash the blueberries and pat dry, toss in a little flour.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, blueberries and lemon zest.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk and melted butter, mix together and pour into the flour mixture. Mix together quickly and lightly, the mixture should still look a bit lumpy.
- Divide between the muffin cases, make a little indent and place a teaspoon of lemon curd on the top of each one, sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake for approx 20 mins until risen and golden. Cool for at least a few minutes before enjoying.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld