Why not make your fizz a bit fruity this festive season?
A fabulous fizzy cocktail to welcome your party, this variation on a Bucks fizz, with blackberry flavoured syrup can make a glass of sparkling wine taste sweet and delicious!
175g / 6oz blackberries
50g / 2oz caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
6 tbsp brandy
1 bottle chilled Champagne or sparkling wine
WHAT TO DO:
- Reserve six of the blackberries and put to one side for decoration. Place the remaining blackberries with 50g caster sugar in a saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened slightly and is syrupy
- Sieve the blackberry syrup over a bowl, gently pressing with the back of a spoon. Discard the fruit pulp. Chill the syrup
- Place a little of the syrup on a saucer and the remaining caster sugar on another saucer. Dip the rim of each of 6 champagne glasses first in the blackberry syrup, then in the caster sugar
- Blend the brandy with the remaining blackberry syrup and pour a couple of tablespoons of this into 6 Champagne flutes. Top with the chilled Champagne or sparkling wine. Skewer a blackberry with a cocktail stick and place on top of each glass. Serve immediately.
Recipe from www.seasonalberries.co.uk/
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016