Why not make your fizz a bit fruity this festive season?
A fabulous fizzy cocktail to welcome your party, this variation on a Bucks fizz, with blackberry flavoured syrup can make a glass of sparkling wine taste sweet and delicious!
175g / 6oz blackberries
50g / 2oz caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
6 tbsp brandy
1 bottle chilled Champagne or sparkling wine
WHAT TO DO:
- Reserve six of the blackberries and put to one side for decoration. Place the remaining blackberries with 50g caster sugar in a saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened slightly and is syrupy
- Sieve the blackberry syrup over a bowl, gently pressing with the back of a spoon. Discard the fruit pulp. Chill the syrup
- Place a little of the syrup on a saucer and the remaining caster sugar on another saucer. Dip the rim of each of 6 champagne glasses first in the blackberry syrup, then in the caster sugar
- Blend the brandy with the remaining blackberry syrup and pour a couple of tablespoons of this into 6 Champagne flutes. Top with the chilled Champagne or sparkling wine. Skewer a blackberry with a cocktail stick and place on top of each glass. Serve immediately.
Recipe from www.seasonalberries.co.uk/
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Is the constant quest for equality eroding the archetypal gender differences? - July 18, 2017
- Fit for the Beach - July 17, 2017
- Heart Valve Disease Treatment: Minimally Invasive Surgery - July 16, 2017
- Is smartphone dependence a problem or just the way of the future? - July 15, 2017
- Win ONE of FIVE pairs of tickets to Chatsworth House and Garden - July 15, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!