Chicken and Mushroom and Green Olive Casserole
This recipe if for a delicious chicken, mushroom and green olive casserole with chilli and mint feta potatoes and garlic flatbread.
1 large onion chopped
2 large carrots chopped
2 oz butter or 3 tbsp olive oil.
4 chicken breasts, each cut into 4
3 cloves of garlic chopped /2 for the casserole 1 for garlic butter
1 tsp flour
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 pts. pre mixed chicken stock
1 tsp. dry oregano
1 punnet whole button mushrooms
100g pitted green olives
300g Jersey potatoes
3 green chilies deseeded finely chopped
2 tables red vinegar
1 bunch mint chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
150g Feta cheese
200grms natural Greek yogurt (optional)
4 Lebanese flat bread
3 oz. garlic butter
- Add the oil or butter to a pan to heat, before adding the chopped onion and carrots and leave to fry for two minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and chopped garlic, and add the 1 tsp of flour cook for 30 seconds
- Add the cumin and pour over the stock
- Add the oregano and whole Mushrooms
- Cover with lid bring to boil and cook on steady boil for 25mins
- Finish with green olives
- While the casserole is cooking, wash the potatoes and cut them into halves, before boiling them in salted water till soft.
- While Chicken and potatoes are boiling, chop the chilies and add them to a bowl with the vinegar and ground pepper.
- Chop the fresh mint and add it to the bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil and break the feta into the mix
- Once cooked, strain the potatoes and pour the mint, chili and feta mix over them.
- Warm the flat bread in a frying pan brush with garlic butter.
Serve the casserole with the chili potato and garlic flat bread. For extra creaminess, add a big spoon of Greek yogurt, if you fancy.
Did you know that:
• An 80g serving of raw mushrooms has just 0.4g fat and counts as one of the UK Government’s recommended ‘5-a-day’ quota
• Mushrooms are a source of B- vitamins and minerals and a good way of adding taste to a simple dish
• Mushrooms naturally contain folate or ‘folic acid’ and are a rich source of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
• The Mushroom Bureau is responsible for the generic publicity of all fresh cultivated mushrooms sold in Britain. The Bureau is funded voluntarily by its members who are predominantly mushroom growers and trade alliances to the industry in the UK, Ireland and continental Europe.
For more information, inspiration and recipes, visit www.moretomushrooms.com
More to Mushrooms YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/moretomushrooms
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!