Chorizo and Shallot Galette
This quick and easy galette is perfectly versatile for the festive season.
It can be pulled together in just ten minutes for an easy supper or served up as an impressive starter for visiting friends and family.
It’s easy to transport, so can easily be brought with you as a dish when visiting neighbours. Simply wait for it to cool, then wrap carefully in greaseproof paper.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 8 shallots, quartered
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 roast peppers, sliced, from a jar is fine
- 125g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Basil leaves to serve
What to do
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7.
- Cook the chorizo in a frying pan until crisp on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reduce the heat and cook the shallots gently while you put together the rest of the tart. Don’t over brown the chorizo and shallots as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Unroll the pastry and gently pull out the long sides and trim off the corners so it becomes more circular. Lay it on a non-stick baking tray.
- Leaving a 3cm border of pastry clear, fork lots of small holes in the centre area of the pastry then scatter with the chorizo, pepper, chunks of mozzarella and finally the shallots. Carefully fold the edges of the pastry up to slightly overlap the edges of the filling. Brush the crust with egg wash and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is crisp and puffed up and the filling is dry and browned.
- When ready to serve scatter with basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!