Chocolate berry pancakes with minted yogurt
Chocolate berry pancakes with minted yogurt make a great treat for Shrove Tuesday or any other day that you fancy pancakes!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
100 g (4 oz) plain flour
15 g (1/2 oz) cocoa
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus extra for frying
250 ml (8 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
170g carton fat free Greek yogurt
142 g (41/2 oz) small carton readymade longlife custard
4 teaspoons fresh chopped mint
175 g (6 oz) raspberries
225g (8 oz) strawberries, sliced
50g (2 oz) dark chocolate, optional
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl, add the egg and egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of the oil then gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix the yogurt, custard and chopped mint together. Mix the berries together in a separate bowl. Melt the chocolate if using to decorate, in a bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a little oil in the base of an 18 cm (7 inch), pour the excess out of the pan into a bowl then add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan, tilt pan to swirl the batter over the base in a thin layer then cook until browned on the underside. Turn the pancake over and cook the second side then slide out of pan and keep hot on a plate while you cook the remaining mixture until you have 8 pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters, spoon in the yogurt mix and berries, arrange in pairs on serving plates and drizzle with melted chocolate, if using. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Heavenly Heels for Special Occasions - April 22, 2019
- Win a NUTRiBULLET! - April 21, 2019
- The Queen – her life in pictures as she celebrates her 93rd birthday - April 19, 2019
- 2019 Food Trends: African Cuisine - April 17, 2019
- Feel a world away, right on your doorstep - April 10, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!