Chocolate berry pancakes with minted yogurt
Chocolate berry pancakes with minted yogurt make a great treat for Shrove Tuesday or any other day that you fancy pancakes!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
100 g (4 oz) plain flour
15 g (1/2 oz) cocoa
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus extra for frying
250 ml (8 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
170g carton fat free Greek yogurt
142 g (41/2 oz) small carton readymade longlife custard
4 teaspoons fresh chopped mint
175 g (6 oz) raspberries
225g (8 oz) strawberries, sliced
50g (2 oz) dark chocolate, optional
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl, add the egg and egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of the oil then gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix the yogurt, custard and chopped mint together. Mix the berries together in a separate bowl. Melt the chocolate if using to decorate, in a bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a little oil in the base of an 18 cm (7 inch), pour the excess out of the pan into a bowl then add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan, tilt pan to swirl the batter over the base in a thin layer then cook until browned on the underside. Turn the pancake over and cook the second side then slide out of pan and keep hot on a plate while you cook the remaining mixture until you have 8 pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters, spoon in the yogurt mix and berries, arrange in pairs on serving plates and drizzle with melted chocolate, if using. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- What is equity release and could it be right for you? - October 14, 2021
- Do you eat less meat than you used to? - October 11, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 6, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 6, 2021
- Make your LPA online with Co-op Legal Services - October 6, 2021