Chocolate dipped strawberries for Easter
Instead of hunting for chocolate eggs, try this grown-up treat for Easter.
Healthier than a bar of chocolate and easy to prepare ahead, it’s the perfect decadent treat for adults to enjoy while the little ones enjoy their Easter treats.
Makes: 20 strawberries Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g dark chocolate
- 20 strawberries (approx.)
- 100g white chocolate buttons
- range of food colouring (optional)
- small cake decorations such as silver balls or hundreds and thousands (optional)
- Start by melting the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Break the chocolate into small pieces and allow to melt slowly without stirring. While this is happening, lay a piece of parchment paper down.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Holding the Viva strawberry by the leaves dip the strawberry completely into the chocolate, right up to top, so just the green is left. Hold the Viva strawberry up and allow the excess to drip off.
- Carefully lay the strawberry down onto the parchment paper and allow to cool completely. Continue with all the Viva strawberries.
- Melt the white chocolate in the same way. Once melted divide the chocolate into bowls and if using food colouring, colour the white chocolate with the different food colouring at this stage.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into disposable piping bags. Snip a tiny hole in the end of the piping bag, and drizzle the chocolate over the Viva strawberries. You could do lines, dots or zigzags and alternate colours and designs. If you don’t have a piping bag, use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the Viva strawberries.
- Attach decorations (if using) while the white chocolate is still melted and tacky. Use any remaining white chocolate to coat some extra Viva strawberries. Allow to set completely, and enjoy the same day.
Watch the video tutorial
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Digital healthcare tools - April 18, 2019
- Should parents stop using chocolate for egg hunts? - April 17, 2019
- Silversurfers Book Club Spring 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Our favourite Easter weekend recipes - April 15, 2019
- What’s the best way to relieve stress? - April 12, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!