Goats’ cheese and raspberry truffles
Rich in protein and low in sugar, these goats’ cheese and raspberry truffles are both decadent and healthy.
Truffles needn’t only be made with chocolate; fresh and creamy, these truffles taste great fresh from the fridge and are perfect for entertaining or as an indulgent afternoon snack.
Makes: 16 Prep: 15 minutes Chill: 1 hour
- 150g/5oz rindless French soft goats’ cheese
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 75g/3oz raspberries
- 25g/1oz pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Add the goats cheese, honey, vanilla and salt to a bowl and fork together until just mixed. Add the raspberries break up with the fork and lightly mix into the goats cheese mix.
- Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture on to a small baking sheet to make about 16 rough shaped mounds.
- Spoon the chopped pistachio nuts on to a saucer and the cocoa on to a second saucer. Roll half the truffles in to the pistachio nuts, one at a time until evenly coated then add to petites four cases.
- Roll the remaining truffles in the cocao, add to petites four cases then chill for at least 1 hour until firm. Pack into an airtight box, store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021
- The best food subscription services - July 8, 2021
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!