Iced blackcurrant mousse
Fast and easy, this iced blackcurrant mousse recipe is a light and fruity alternative to ice cream.
Individual portions make them perfect for guests – serve them up at your next dinner party or make them as an afternoon treat for your grandchildren.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Freezing time: 2 hours
- 500g Quark
- 200g 0% fat vanilla yoghurt
- 8tbsp Streamline blackcurrant jam
- 150g raspberries
- 150g blueberries
4 empty mason or jam jars
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Quark and yoghurt, then add 2 tablespoons of the blackcurrant jam. Swirl the remaining jam through to create a marbled effect.
- Carefully spoon the mousse into the jars and top with raspberries and blueberries. Screw the lids back onto the jars and stand upright in the freezer for 2 hours. Take out of the freezer and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of: www.streamlinefoods.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Slow cooker pork, shallot and red pepper goulash - October 18, 2018
- Storage hints and tips to make your food last longer - October 17, 2018
- Tips to encourage birds to your garden - October 16, 2018
- Do you understand cholesterol? - October 15, 2018
- Microwave mug cake dessert recipes - October 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!