Lighter Bread and Butter Pudding
Enjoy this classic warming pudding guilt-free this weekend with this delicious and easy recipe. Our lighter bread and butter pudding has less calories than the original version and can be whipped up with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen – perfect for a fuss-free dessert or a decadent weekend breakfast.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp Flora Pro-active
- 8 tbsp Streamline Thin Cut Marmalade
- 60g raisins
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 3 medium eggs
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/ Gas 4.
- Spread each slice of bread, sparingly, with ½ teaspoon Flora and 2 tablespoons of Streamline Thin Cut Marmalade and cut them into triangular quarters.
- Arrange in an ovenproof baking dish, with the raisins scattered between the slices.
- Mix the sugar, milk and eggs together, pour over the bread and allow to soak in for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the corners of the bread are starting to crisp.
Recipe courtesy of www.streamlinefoods.co.uk
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you use vitamins and supplements? - October 19, 2017
- Nutrient rich foods to add to your diet - October 18, 2017
- Do you see the benefits of mindfulness and meditation? - October 17, 2017
- Supporting your mental health in later life - October 16, 2017
- Easy Traybakes for National Baking Week - October 16, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!