Lighter Bread and Butter Pudding
Enjoy this classic warming pudding guilt-free this weekend with this delicious and easy recipe. Our lighter bread and butter pudding has less calories than the original version and can be whipped up with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen – perfect for a fuss-free dessert or a decadent weekend breakfast.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp Flora Pro-active
- 8 tbsp Streamline Thin Cut Marmalade
- 60g raisins
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 3 medium eggs
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/ Gas 4.
- Spread each slice of bread, sparingly, with ½ teaspoon Flora and 2 tablespoons of Streamline Thin Cut Marmalade and cut them into triangular quarters.
- Arrange in an ovenproof baking dish, with the raisins scattered between the slices.
- Mix the sugar, milk and eggs together, pour over the bread and allow to soak in for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the corners of the bread are starting to crisp.
Recipe courtesy of www.streamlinefoods.co.uk