Strawberry and Vanilla Cheesecake
This creamy vanilla cheesecake recipe is a simple show-stopper – no baking required. Drizzle the warm, sweet strawberry compote over just before serving for the perfect finishing touch.
Serves: 6-8 Prep time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to set
- 200g digestive biscuits crushed
- 100g melted butter
- 400g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 500g double cream whipped
- 1 vanilla pod split
- 300g Strawberries, halved
For the compote
- 100g Strawberries chopped
- 25g sugar
- Line a 9” springform cake tin with greaseproof paper. Mix the biscuits and melted butter together, and pat into the base of the cake tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar then fold in the whipped cream and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- To construct the cheesecake, spread a spoonful of the cream cheese on the base, and then place the strawberries all around the sides, standing up with the cut side facing out. Use the cream cheese on the base to stand them in so they are stable. Then fill in with the rest of the cream cheese mix, and level off the top. Place in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile make your compote. Put the chopped strawberries and sugar in a pan over a medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have begun to break down.
- To serve, carefully remove the cake tin, and peel off the paper. Cut into slices and serve with the warm compote.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld