Strawberry and Vanilla Cheesecake
This creamy vanilla cheesecake recipe is a simple show-stopper – no baking required. Drizzle the warm, sweet strawberry compote over just before serving for the perfect finishing touch.
Serves: 6-8 Prep time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to set
- 200g digestive biscuits crushed
- 100g melted butter
- 400g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 500g double cream whipped
- 1 vanilla pod split
- 300g Strawberries, halved
For the compote
- 100g Strawberries chopped
- 25g sugar
- Line a 9” springform cake tin with greaseproof paper. Mix the biscuits and melted butter together, and pat into the base of the cake tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar then fold in the whipped cream and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- To construct the cheesecake, spread a spoonful of the cream cheese on the base, and then place the strawberries all around the sides, standing up with the cut side facing out. Use the cream cheese on the base to stand them in so they are stable. Then fill in with the rest of the cream cheese mix, and level off the top. Place in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile make your compote. Put the chopped strawberries and sugar in a pan over a medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have begun to break down.
- To serve, carefully remove the cake tin, and peel off the paper. Cut into slices and serve with the warm compote.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Vote for your favourite Rolling Stones hit song - July 19, 2019
- Step back in time: to 1969 - July 19, 2019
- Clever uses for aluminium foil - July 18, 2019
- Will you purchase an international driving permit? - July 17, 2019
- Tomato and avocado salad with a lime & chilli dressing - July 16, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!