Strawberry, Apple and Gorwydd Caerphilly Crumble
Sweet Eve Strawberry, Pink Lady Apple and Gorwydd Caerphilly Crumble – Make the most of the season’s ingredients with this cracking crumble that will take you to comfort food heaven.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
750g Pink Lady apples
300g Sweet Eve strawberries
100g light brown sugar
2 tsp finely chopped preserved ginger
250g plain white flour
100g unsalted butter
100g Gorwydd Caerphilly cheese
zest of 1 lemon
75g demerara sugar
1 tablespoon welsh honey
What to do:
Pre heat oven to Gas mark 5, 190 °C, 375°F
Peel the apples and cut into 1cm thick slices, and place into baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and ginger, and distribute strawberries evenly on top.
Cut cold butter into small pieces and place in mixing bowl with sifted flour – rub together until “crumbley”. Crumble in the Caerphilly cheese (straight from fridge) and stir in the sugar and lemon zest. Use a wooden spoon to lay the crumble evenly on top of the fruit.
Bake for 30 minutes, take out and drizzle with honey before returning to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes. Take care not to burn the crumble.
Serve with crème fraiche
Recipe from: www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021