Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble
Say one last farewell to summer and welcome warm autumnal flavours into your kitchen with this delicious strawberry & rhubarb crumble recipe.
The roughly chopped fruit tastes delicious with a dash of ginger wine, while the chocolatey, crunchy crumble topping adds an extra hint of sweetness.
Serve piping hot with ice cream or cream for a tasty blend of hot and cold.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes
- 500g rhubarb
- 100ml water
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Stones ginger wine
- 250g strawberries
- 75g butter
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 60g Demerera sugar
- 1 Crunchie bar, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Trim and cut the rhubarb and place half of it in a saucepan with the golden caster sugar, the water and the ginger wine and simmer gently until syrupy.
- Halve the strawberries the place all the fruit and rhubarb syrup into a baking dish.
- To make the crumble, put the butter, flour into a bowl and rub with your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar, ginger and the crushed Crunchie bar and sprinkle generously over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Malaysian Spiced Sea bass with Brown Rice - January 17, 2018
- Simple steps to increase your feeling of wellbeing - January 16, 2018
- Do you believe in Blue Monday? - January 15, 2018
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - January 12, 2018
- Should the government take a firmer stance on obesity? - January 11, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!