Strawberry Rocky Road Bars
This fast and easy rocky road recipe is great when you’re craving something sweet; you can whip them up in less than twenty minutes and it doesn’t require any baking.
Decadent and full of fruit, you can quickly whip up a batch if you’re expecting visitors and are short on time.
Serves: 6 Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 400g plain chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g unsalted butter
- 250g Viva strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 apple peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g blanched almonds
- 100g dried sour cherries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Line an 8” square tin or small roasting tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate, syrup and butter over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly.
- In a bowl, mix the strawberries, apple, almonds and cherries. Once the chocolate has melted, pour over the fruit and nuts and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and allow to set.
- Turn the Rocky Road out, and cut into chunks before dusting with icing sugar.
Get creative and adjust the recipe to suit your tastes or accommodate what you already have in your cupboard – for example, substituting digestive biscuits instead of almonds or adding marshmallows.
Recipe courtesy of www.vivastrawberry.co.uk