Strawberry Rose Petal and Pistachio Pavlova
Brighten up your weekend with this delicious Middle Eastern-inspired rose petal and pistachio pavlova recipe.
The sweet, crispy meringue round is piled high with sweet cream, fresh strawberries and a hint of rose – topped up with the bright crunch of pistachio. Perfect for entertaining or indulging!
Serves: 8 Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 1 hour, plus cooling
- 6 large egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp rose water extract
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 100g crushed pistachios
- 475ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 450g strawberries cut in half (keep 3-4 whole strawberries aside to garnish)
- handful of pale pink rose petals for garnish
What to do
- Line a baking sheet and pre heat the oven to 180°c.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, then slowly add the sugar, rose water, vinegar, corn flour and whisk again until the mix becomes very thick and shiny.
- Gently fold in half of the pistachios then carefully spoon the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, forming a circle and working the mixture outwards to form an edge and leaving a slight dip in the centre.
- Drop the oven temperature to 150°c and bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven, leaving the meringue in there to cool. If you have time, make the meringue the night before, and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. The parchment should pull away easily now and you can place the meringue on a plate.
- Whip the cream adding in the icing sugar and spread generously over the cooled meringue. Scatter the strawberries over the top, arrange the whole strawberries in the centre, sprinkle with the rest of the pistachios and finally scatter with the rose petals and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Berry World
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you see the benefits of mindfulness and meditation? - October 17, 2017
- Supporting your mental health in later life - October 16, 2017
- Easy Traybakes for National Baking Week - October 16, 2017
- The benefits of herbal and green tea - October 15, 2017
- Step back in time: to 1955 - October 14, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!