Strawberry and Vanilla cheesecake, with a warm Strawberry Compote
An indulgent and luxurious dessert served with a warm, sweet, Viva strawberry compote, which is the perfect match for this creamy vanilla cheesecake recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to set
You will need:
200g digestive biscuits crushed
100g melted butter
400g cream cheese
100g icing sugar
500g double cream whipped
1 vanilla pod split
300g Viva Strawberries, halved
For the compote
100g Viva Strawberries chopped
What to do:
Line a 9” springform cake tin with greaseproof paper. Mix the biscuits and melted butter together, and pat into the base of the cake tin. Place in the fridge to set.
Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar then fold in the whipped cream and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
To construct the cheesecake, spread a spoonful of the cream cheese on the base, and then place the strawberries all around the sides, standing up with the cut side facing out. Use the cream cheese on the base to stand them in so they are stable. Then fill in with the rest of the cream cheese mix, and level off the top. Place in the fridge to set.
Meanwhile make your compote. Put the chopped strawberries and sugar in a pan over a medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have begun to break down.
To serve, carefully remove the cake tin, and peel off the paper. Cut into slices and serve with the warm compote.
Recipe by: www.vivastrawberry.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win £1,000 to spend on an Explore holiday - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Copies of The Daughters of War - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of FIVE copies of the fabulous More Taste & Less Waste Cookbook! - December 1, 2021
- Christmas Decorations Masterclass: Make your own Festive Wreath, Garland and Flower Centrepieces - November 30, 2021
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021