Summer Sweets: Strawberry and Orange Fool
This light and easy dessert is quick to prepare and can be chilled and ready to go in an hour – the blitzed strawberries, yogurt and cream come together as a sweet pudding for the perfect finale to an al fresco dinner in the garden.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 1 hour
- 400g strawberries (with a few extra for garnish)
- juice of one orange
- 1-2 drops of orange essence (optional)
- 300ml double cream
- 300ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Wash and chop the strawberries, keeping some aside for the garnish. Place the chopped strawberries in a bowl, roughly mash them up and fold in the orange juice and orange essence (if using) and the icing sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and then gently fold in the yoghurt and finally the strawberry mixture. Pour into 6 glasses and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, take the reserved strawberries, cut in half and roll the pointed end in the caster sugar before arranging the two halves on the top of the fool.
Recipe courtesy of: berryworld.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!