Summer Sweets: Strawberry and Orange Fool
This light and easy dessert is quick to prepare and can be chilled and ready to go in an hour – the blitzed strawberries, yogurt and cream come together as a sweet pudding for the perfect finale to an al fresco dinner in the garden.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 1 hour
- 400g strawberries (with a few extra for garnish)
- juice of one orange
- 1-2 drops of orange essence (optional)
- 300ml double cream
- 300ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Wash and chop the strawberries, keeping some aside for the garnish. Place the chopped strawberries in a bowl, roughly mash them up and fold in the orange juice and orange essence (if using) and the icing sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and then gently fold in the yoghurt and finally the strawberry mixture. Pour into 6 glasses and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, take the reserved strawberries, cut in half and roll the pointed end in the caster sugar before arranging the two halves on the top of the fool.
Recipe courtesy of: berryworld.com