Very berry tiramisu
Everyone loves an easy to make ahead pudding and this one is no exception!
Try this Italian dessert with a new twist, rather than coffee the sponge fingers are dipped in a fruity German wine instead then layered with fresh fruity berry layers and topped with chocolate.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: none
250 g (9 oz) full fat mascarpone cheese
4 tablespoons icing sugar
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
120 ml (4 fl oz) Riesling white wine
400 g (14 oz) strawberries
150 g (5 oz) raspberries
18 sponge finger biscuits
25g (1 oz) milk or dark chocolate, finely diced
WHAT TO DO:
- Add the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar to a bowl and beat lightly with a whisk to soften. Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth then mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the wine into a shallow dish. Reserve 6 strawberries still with their hulls on and a few raspberries for decoration. Roughly chop or mash the remaining strawberries and crumble the raspberries then mix together.
- Spoon a thin layer of the mascarpone mixture in the base of a 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) glass dish. Cover with half the crushed berries. Dip half the sponge finger biscuits, one a time into the wine then arrange on top of the fruit in the dish. Spoon over half the remaining mascarpone mixture then the remaining crushed berries.
- Cover with the remaining sponge finger biscuits, dipped in the wine as above then spread with the remaining mascarpone. Chill for 2 hours or until needed.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the tiramisu with the reserved strawberries, cut in half, the remaining raspberries and diced chocolate.
Recipe from :Seasonalberries.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a £50 Amazon eVoucher! - December 16, 2018
- Win a NUTRiBULLET! - December 14, 2018
- Blackberry and Blueberry Christmas Cake - December 13, 2018
- Amazing Long Haul Golf Travel - December 12, 2018
- A real fir or a plastic spruce – which is better for the environment? - December 8, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!