Strawberry & Chocolate Ganache Roulade … Scrumptious Easter Treat!
Easter is the time for chocolate and it doesn’t get more indulgent than this delicious dessert.
Who can resist the combination of Strawberries and Chocolate? This recipe makes the most stunning dessert for a family gathering or get together with friends.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
You will need:
150g Viva Strawberries + extra for decoration
4 eggs separated
2 tbsp heaped of cocoa powder & extra for dusting
100g unrefined caster sugar
Pinch of cream of tartar
For the ganache and decoration:
250g plain chocolate, broken up
15g butter, softened
380ml double cream
Icing sugar to dust
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C\180C Fan\Gas Mark 6. Butter a 32cm x 23cm swiss roll tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until they are thick and creamy then slowly beat in the cocoa powder and half of the sugar. In a separate bowl, with clean whisks, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks then gradually add the remaining sugar mixed with the cream of tartar.
3. Beat a spoonful of the egg white mix into the yolks to loosen, then gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites with a metal spoon until well combined. Pour into the prepared tin making sure it’s spread into the corners and bake for 15 minutes until it’s cooked through and springs back when you gently touch the centre.
4. Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a large sheet of greaseproof paper dusted with cocoa powder. Gently peel off the grease proof paper it was cooked in, then roll it up in the new paper and leave it to cool on a wire rack.
5. Put the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl. Heat the cream in a pan until almost boiling, then pour over the chocolate, stir until smooth then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes until it firms up.
6. Chop half of the strawberries into small pieces and stir into half the ganache. Unroll the sponge, spread with the strawberry ganache. Slice the remaining strawberries and spread them in a layer on top of the ganache. Re-roll the cake carefully so you don’t squeeze the filling out. Don’t worry if it cracks. Spread the remaining ganache over the cake and top with some additional strawberry slices, dust with a little icing sugar to serve.
Recipe by: www.vivastrawberries.com
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!