Viva! Strawberry Scotch pancakes
Scotch pancakes are more like the American style pancakes and are also known as drop scones in Scotland.
This delightful combo will have the whole family asking for more. Viva strawberries are at their best in February and are the perfect strawberry for Pancake Day.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
You will need:
16 Viva! Strawberries sliced
1½ tsp baking powder
60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ tsp cinnamon
What to do:
1. Beat together the butter, cinnamon and sugar. Dollop it into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. When the butter starts to froth add the strawberries, toss well in the butter and turn off the heat.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until smooth. Heat a heavy based, non-stick frying pan or bake stone and grease with a little oil. Pour small amounts of batter into the frying pan (about 2 tbsp per pancake), once the top has bubbled and dried flip the pancake and cook the other side till golden. Keep warm whilst you make the rest of the batter
3. Reheat the strawberries gently while you arrange the pancakes. Place a pancake on each serving plate and spread with mascapone then arrange some sliced strawberries on top. Repeat this layering until all the pancakes are used up. Top the stack with any remaining strawberry slices and drizzle over the melted cinnamon butter.
Recipe by: www.vivastrawberries.com
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- TOP 10 Special Interest & Events Breaks From Shearings Holidays - February 24, 2017
- How many portions of fruit and veg do you eat each day? - February 23, 2017
- The unwavering popularity of Optiflame® - February 20, 2017
- Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? - February 20, 2017
- The Active Collection from Hotter - February 20, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!