Weekend Treat: Stuffed French Toast
Treat yourself to an indulgent bunch this weekend with this easy and delicious spin on a breakfast classic.
With an oozing jam centre and subtle hint of cinnamon, this delicious stuffed French toast recipe is the perfect treat at the end of a busy weekend. Ready in less than 20 minutes, you can rustle together this recipe with foods you already have in your kitchen!
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 heaped tbsps Streamline strawberry jam
- 8 slices thick white sliced bread
- 4 free range medium eggs
- 8 tbsps milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsps 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- grated zest of 1 orange
What to do:
- Spread the jam evenly over 4 slices of the bread not quite to the edges, place the remaining slices of bread on top and press together.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and cinnamon, dip the bread sandwiches into the egg mix, turning until well coated and the egg absorbed into the bread a little.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil in, cook the toasts for several minutes each side, turning when golden brown, you may have to do this in two batches.
- Mix together the yogurt, cinnamon and orange zest, serve with the hot French toasts.
Recipe courtesy of www.streamlinefoods.co.uk
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Choose the best Prime Minister of your lifetime - April 20, 2018
- Contents vs Buildings insurance: what’s the difference - April 19, 2018
- Do you agree with banning plastics? - April 19, 2018
- Tomato garlic bread with avocado & pesto - April 18, 2018
- Clever uses for Epsom salts - April 17, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!