White chocolate and cranberry truffles
Quick, easy and delicious, these white chocolate and cranberry truffles make for the perfect Christmas treat; the creamy white chocolate blends beautifully with the sharp cranberry and zesty orange for a fabulous grown-up treat.
Make a batch to serve as an after dinner treat for guests or package them up and give them as a thoughtful homemade gift to friends and neighbours.
Makes: 20 truffles Prep time: 30 minutes
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp Cointreau
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 500g white chocolate, suitable for cooking
- 60ml double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- Place the cranberries, Cointreau and orange zest into a small pan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Chop or break 300g of the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Place the cream and butter into a small saucepan, heat until just about to boil, pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. If the chocolate doesn’t melt with the heat of the cream, place over a saucepan of simmering water for a few minutes and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the cranberries and leave to cool, then place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- With a small spoon or melon baller scoop spoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, then pop into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Place each ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate, swirling around until coated, place on a sheet of baking parchment, leave to set in the fridge. These delicious truffles are best served straight from the fridge.
Cooks Tip: These lovely truffles make an ideal Christmas gift, place in little paper cases and then in a small gift box wrapped in ribbon, store in the fridge and eat within a week.
Recipe courtesy of www.berryworld.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Silversurfers Book Club Winter 2018 - January 19, 2018
- Clever uses for tea bags - January 18, 2018
- Malaysian Spiced Sea bass with Brown Rice - January 17, 2018
- Simple steps to increase your feeling of wellbeing - January 16, 2018
- Do you believe in Blue Monday? - January 15, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!