You’ll love these delicious, honey coated slices of dried apple.
They are simply divine especially when you need a sugar hit with the honey and natural sweetness of Pink Lady apples working together – avoid the chocolate bar and head straight for the apple crisps!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes, plus cooling
2 tbsp runny honey
2 Pink Lady apples, unpeeled
What to do:
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 140°C. Warm the honey in a small saucepan over a low heat until runny.
Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the apples into rounds about 3 mm thick. Discard any pips (leave the core) then arrange on a wire rack placed over a baking tray. Brush one side with half of the honey.
Bake the apples for 15 minutes, turn over and brush the other side with the remaining honey. Bake for another 10–15 minutes or until light golden and crisp.
Lay out the apples on a sheet of baking parchment and leave to cool.
Recipe from: www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016
- Do you boil your Brussels? - December 6, 2016
- ‘Green Woodpecker’ by Deanna Skelding - December 6, 2016