Everyone loves an easy to make ahead pudding and this one is no exception!
Try this Italian dessert with a new twist, rather than coffee the sponge fingers are dipped in a fruity German wine instead then layered with fresh fruity berry layers and topped with chocolate.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: none
250 g (9 oz) full fat mascarpone cheese
4 tablespoons icing sugar
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
120 ml (4 fl oz) Riesling white wine
400 g (14 oz) strawberries
150 g (5 oz) raspberries
18 sponge finger biscuits
25g (1 oz) milk or dark chocolate, finely diced
WHAT TO DO:
- Add the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar to a bowl and beat lightly with a whisk to soften. Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth then mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the wine into a shallow dish. Reserve 6 strawberries still with their hulls on and a few raspberries for decoration. Roughly chop or mash the remaining strawberries and crumble the raspberries then mix together.
- Spoon a thin layer of the mascarpone mixture in the base of a 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) glass dish. Cover with half the crushed berries. Dip half the sponge finger biscuits, one a time into the wine then arrange on top of the fruit in the dish. Spoon over half the remaining mascarpone mixture then the remaining crushed berries.
- Cover with the remaining sponge finger biscuits, dipped in the wine as above then spread with the remaining mascarpone. Chill for 2 hours or until needed.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the tiramisu with the reserved strawberries, cut in half, the remaining raspberries and diced chocolate.
Recipe from :Seasonalberries.co.uk