Quick, easy and delicious, these white chocolate and cranberry truffles make for the perfect Christmas treat; the creamy white chocolate blends beautifully with the sharp cranberry and zesty orange for a fabulous grown-up treat.
Make a batch to serve as an after dinner treat for guests or package them up and give them as a thoughtful homemade gift to friends and neighbours.
Makes: 20 truffles Prep time: 30 minutes
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp Cointreau
- 1 tsp granted orange zest
- 500g white chocolate, suitable for cooking
- 600g double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- Place the cranberries, Cointreau and orange zest into a small pan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Chop or break 300g of the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Place the cream and butter into a small saucepan, heat until just about to boil, pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. If the chocolate doesn’t melt with the heat of the cream, place over a saucepan of simmering water for a few minutes and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the cranberries and leave to cool, then place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- With a small spoon or melon baller scoop spoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, then pop into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Place each ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate, swirling around until coated, place on a sheet of baking parchment, leave to set in the fridge. These delicious truffles are best served straight from the fridge.
Cooks Tip: These lovely truffles make an ideal Christmas gift, place in little paper cases and then in a small gift box wrapped in ribbon, store in the fridge and eat within a week.
Recipe courtesy of www.berryworld.com