Four Summer Cocktail Recipes
There’s no better time for a sweet, refreshing cocktail than the height of summer.
Whether it’s prosecco, gin or rum you prefer, today we’re sharing four great summer cocktail recipes for your next barbecue or garden party.
Bright and flavourful, this raspberry spritz cocktail is quick to make and perfect for sophisticated summer celebrations. Finish off with a few raspberries added as garnish or wedged on the rim of the glass for decoration.
- 20 raspberries
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 80ml water
- 4 mint leaves
- 100ml Vermouth Bianco
- 150ml Prosecco
- 50ml soda water
- Raspberries and mint, for garnish
- Put the raspberries, water, sugar and mint in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Put 2-3 ice cubes into two large wine glasses with a few raspberries and pour the raspberry mixture over through a sieve. Add the Vermouth and Prosecco, top with soda and stir.
Gin and Blueberry Twist
Gin is a British summertime classic – and this blueberry cocktail is just the ticket for summer. Lemon juice, black pepper and blueberry create a fresh, zingy syrup that tastes as good as it looks.
- 1 punnet blueberries (approx. 150g)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 2 grinds of black pepper
- 120ml gin
- 30ml Limoncello
- Ice, for shaking
- Soda water
- Put the blueberries, caster sugar and lemon in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the black pepper, gin, Limoncello and some ice and shake well.
- Put a large ice cube into each glass along with 3 blueberries and pour the cocktail in through a sieve. Top up with soda water.
Blackberry Mint Mojito
Try this fruity twist on a classic. The blackberry and mint are a fantastic flavour combination – perfect for a light refreshment on a sunny day.
- 20 blackberries
- 160ml water
- 4tsp sugar
- 12 whole mint leaves plus extra to serve
- The juice of one lime
- 100ml white rum
- Ice, for shaking
- A splash of soda water
- Put the blackberries, water, sugar, mint and lime in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the rum and some ice and shake well.
- Put the extra mint leaves and some ice into a glass and sieve in the cocktail adding a splash of soda water. Garnish with lime wedges, mint and blackberries by scattering on the cocktail.
Perfect for parties or relaxed summer barbecues, this refreshing cocktail is easy to make and makes for a real showstopper to impress family and friends with.
- 8 fresh strawberries, plus 1 strawberry
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 70ml light rum
- The juice of two limes and slices to garnish
- Chill your glasses, by filling with ice.
- Put the strawberries, caster sugar, rum and lime juice into a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add ice, place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a glass and garnish with half a strawberry and a slice of lime by placing them on the side of the glass.
Recipes courtesy of BerryWorld