Four Summer Cocktail Recipes
There’s no better time for a sweet, refreshing cocktail than the height of summer.
Whether it’s prosecco, gin or rum you prefer, today we’re sharing four great summer cocktail recipes for your next barbecue or garden party.
Bright and flavourful, this raspberry spritz cocktail is quick to make and perfect for sophisticated summer celebrations. Finish off with a few raspberries added as garnish or wedged on the rim of the glass for decoration.
- 20 raspberries
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 80ml water
- 4 mint leaves
- 100ml Vermouth Bianco
- 150ml Prosecco
- 50ml soda water
- Raspberries and mint, for garnish
- Put the raspberries, water, sugar and mint in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Put 2-3 ice cubes into two large wine glasses with a few raspberries and pour the raspberry mixture over through a sieve. Add the Vermouth and Prosecco, top with soda and stir.
Gin and Blueberry Twist
Gin is a British summertime classic – and this blueberry cocktail is just the ticket for summer. Lemon juice, black pepper and blueberry create a fresh, zingy syrup that tastes as good as it looks.
- 1 punnet blueberries (approx. 150g)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 2 grinds of black pepper
- 120ml gin
- 30ml Limoncello
- Ice, for shaking
- Soda water
- Put the blueberries, caster sugar and lemon in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the black pepper, gin, Limoncello and some ice and shake well.
- Put a large ice cube into each glass along with 3 blueberries and pour the cocktail in through a sieve. Top up with soda water.
Blackberry Mint Mojito
Try this fruity twist on a classic. The blackberry and mint are a fantastic flavour combination – perfect for a light refreshment on a sunny day.
- 20 blackberries
- 160ml water
- 4tsp sugar
- 12 whole mint leaves plus extra to serve
- The juice of one lime
- 100ml white rum
- Ice, for shaking
- A splash of soda water
- Put the blackberries, water, sugar, mint and lime in a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the rum and some ice and shake well.
- Put the extra mint leaves and some ice into a glass and sieve in the cocktail adding a splash of soda water. Garnish with lime wedges, mint and blackberries by scattering on the cocktail.
Perfect for parties or relaxed summer barbecues, this refreshing cocktail is easy to make and makes for a real showstopper to impress family and friends with.
- 8 fresh strawberries, plus 1 strawberry
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 70ml light rum
- The juice of two limes and slices to garnish
- Chill your glasses, by filling with ice.
- Put the strawberries, caster sugar, rum and lime juice into a cocktail shaker and mash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add ice, place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a glass and garnish with half a strawberry and a slice of lime by placing them on the side of the glass.
Recipes courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!