National Breakfast Week: Juices and Smoothies
We don’t all have the time, inclination or appetite to eat a big meal every morning before we start the day.
Juices and smoothes are a great alternative; they’re healthy, sweet and filling enough to get you going at the beginning of a busy day.
As National Breakfast Week comes to a close, today we’re sharing a few of our favourite juice and smoothie recipes on Silversurfers.
Beetroot, Grapefruit & Apple Juice
- 1 pack of vacuum packed natural cooked beetroot
- 2 apples
- 1 peeled grapefruit
What to do:
- Put your apples, grapefruit and beetroot into your juicer. Pour into glasses and serve.
Blueberry and Raspberry Smoothie
- 175g (6oz) raspberries
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 300ml store-bought juice or coconut water; cranberry, raspberry, apple and pomegranate all work well.
What to do
- Put ingredients into a blender and mix well for at least one minute. For extra sweetness, add a tablespoon of honey. The consistency will be light like a juice – if you want a thicker smoothie, try adding a banana.
Celery, pear & ginger juice
- 2 green apples
- 2 pears
- 4 sticks of celery
- 3cm fresh ginger
What to do:
- Chop the fruit and celery into chunks. Put everything through a juicer then chill in the fridge. Stir well before serving.
Spinach & mango smoothie
- A large handful of spinach
- 200g frozen mango
- One medium banana
- 250ml coconut water, water or apple juice
What to do:
- Add spinach, frozen mango, banana and coconut water to blender and blitz. If smoothie is too thick, add a little more water until you achieve your desired consistency.
What are your favourite juice and smoothie recipes?
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!