At long last the summer has arrived! When the weather forecast calls for nothing but sun this is the perfect summer cocktail to celebrate with; fresh, sweet and delicious, you can serve this to friends as part of a champagne afternoon tea in the garden or on its own in the evening with a bowl of fresh olives and warm bread.
Serves: 6 people Prep time: 10 minutes
- 300g Sweet Eve strawberries
- 6 sugar cubes (optional)
- 3 shots of elderflower cordial
- 3 shots of Campari
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
What to do
- Take 6 large champagne flutes and chill in the refrigerator. Hull all the strawberries and chop and blend half of them. Strain the strawberry puree into a jug through a sieve, to eliminate the seeds.
- When you are ready to serve the cocktail place a cube of sugar at the bottom of each glass, (if you prefer your cocktails less sweet then you can leave the sugar out). Pour half a shot of elderflower into each glass, followed by half a shot of Campari and half a shot of strained strawberry puree.
- Open the Prosecco bottle and top each flute with fizzy wine. Mix with a cocktail stirrer and serve with the remaining Sweet Eve strawberries.
Recipe courtesy of www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk