Seafood salad with strawberries
Light, refreshing and low in calories, this summer salad is quick to make and satisfying to eat.
Serve as an accompaniment to a barbecue dinner or eat alone with flatbread for a light and tasty lunch.
Serves: 4 Prep: 25 minutes
- 450g (1lb) strawberries, hulled, halved, larger ones quartered
- 500g (1lb 2oz) watermelon, peeled, seeds discarded, cut into cubes
- ¼ cucumber, skin partly peeled away, deseeded, diced
- 1 little gem lettuce, thickly sliced
- 180g pack frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted, rinsed with cold water, drained
- ½ x 60g pack baby kale leaves
- 50g (2oz) pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- ½-1 large mild red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, to taste
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add strawberries, watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, prawns, kale and pomegranate seeds to a large shallow bowl and gently toss together with two spoons until ingredients are mixed.
- In a small bowl, fork together lime, avocado oil, chilli, mint and salt and pepper until well mixed. Drizzle over the salad and serve with warmed flatbreads.
For a different flavour, substitute mint and prawns for goats cheese and chopped coriander – a great alternative if you don’t like to eat fish!
Recipe by: Seasonal Berries