Seafood salad with strawberries
Light, refreshing and low in calories, this summer salad is quick to make and satisfying to eat.
Serve as an accompaniment to a barbecue dinner or eat alone with flatbread for a light and tasty lunch.
Serves: 4 Prep: 25 minutes
- 450g (1lb) strawberries, hulled, halved, larger ones quartered
- 500g (1lb 2oz) watermelon, peeled, seeds discarded, cut into cubes
- ¼ cucumber, skin partly peeled away, deseeded, diced
- 1 little gem lettuce, thickly sliced
- 180g pack frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted, rinsed with cold water, drained
- ½ x 60g pack baby kale leaves
- 50g (2oz) pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- ½-1 large mild red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, to taste
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add strawberries, watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, prawns, kale and pomegranate seeds to a large shallow bowl and gently toss together with two spoons until ingredients are mixed.
- In a small bowl, fork together lime, avocado oil, chilli, mint and salt and pepper until well mixed. Drizzle over the salad and serve with warmed flatbreads.
For a different flavour, substitute mint and prawns for goats cheese and chopped coriander – a great alternative if you don’t like to eat fish!
Recipe by: Seasonal Berries
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Choose the best Prime Minister of your lifetime - April 20, 2018
- Contents vs Buildings insurance: what’s the difference - April 19, 2018
- Do you agree with banning plastics? - April 19, 2018
- Tomato garlic bread with avocado & pesto - April 18, 2018
- Clever uses for Epsom salts - April 17, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!