Seared salmon with Thai strawberry sauce
With the warmer weather finally on its way, this Seared salmon with Thai strawberry sauce is the perfect accompaniment for a sunny day.
Fresh, light and zingy, you can whip up this tasty sauce ahead of time and then cook and serve in just ten minutes.
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 8-10 minutes
- 250g (9oz) strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2-1 red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 salmon steaks, each about 150g (5oz)
- 200g (7oz) thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 300g (10oz) stir fry vegetables with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts
- 150g (5oz) frozen edamame beans
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mash the strawberries in a bowl then mix with the chilli and ginger then stir in the dipping sauce, soy and fish sauces.
- Line the grill rack with foil then put the salmon steaks on top and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the strawberry sauce over each salmon steak. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning over once until browned and the strawberries have made a deep coloured glaze.
- Meanwhile add the rice noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the stir fry vegetables and frozen edamame beans, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half of the strawberry sauce then add the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining strawberry sauce to a small bowl, set this on a large platter, stir half the coriander into the noodles then spoon on to the platter. Break the salmon into large flakes, scatter over the noodles with the remaining coriander. Serve with lime wedges, if liked.
For steak fans, cut a grilled steak into thin slices and add to the noodles instead of the salmon.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Berries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021