Seared salmon with Thai strawberry sauce
With the warmer weather finally on its way, this Seared salmon with Thai strawberry sauce is the perfect accompaniment for a sunny day.
Fresh, light and zingy, you can whip up this tasty sauce ahead of time and then cook and serve in just ten minutes.
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 8-10 minutes
- 250g (9oz) strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2-1 red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 salmon steaks, each about 150g (5oz)
- 200g (7oz) thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 300g (10oz) stir fry vegetables with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts
- 150g (5oz) frozen edamame beans
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mash the strawberries in a bowl then mix with the chilli and ginger then stir in the dipping sauce, soy and fish sauces.
- Line the grill rack with foil then put the salmon steaks on top and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the strawberry sauce over each salmon steak. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning over once until browned and the strawberries have made a deep coloured glaze.
- Meanwhile add the rice noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the stir fry vegetables and frozen edamame beans, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half of the strawberry sauce then add the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining strawberry sauce to a small bowl, set this on a large platter, stir half the coriander into the noodles then spoon on to the platter. Break the salmon into large flakes, scatter over the noodles with the remaining coriander. Serve with lime wedges, if liked.
For steak fans, cut a grilled steak into thin slices and add to the noodles instead of the salmon.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Berries
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for shaving foam - August 17, 2018
- Would you get Botox or fillers done on the High Street? - August 16, 2018
- Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint and Mozzarella Bruschetta - August 15, 2018
- The best of Madonna playlist - August 15, 2018
- Afternoon Tea Week: 5 of the most weird and wonderful ones you can get - August 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!