Grilled King Prawns with Garlic Dip
As summer starts to roll in you might find that the hearty recipes you cooked all winter suddenly aren’t so appealing. Longer days and warmer temperatures have us turning to fresh, easy meals instead so we can make the most of the nicer days.
If you need a new recipe to mix up your usual weekday repertoire, look no further: this watercress and garlic dip with king prawns is quick, satisfying and delicious. Serve it on a bed of leaves with your favourite grains or add it as the final flourish to your favourite barbeque dinner – this recipe is one you’ll want to make again and again!
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 170g watercress
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp half fat créme fraiche
- King prawns, barbecued
- wedges of lemon to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the shallot and sauté over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potato, wine and chilli, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Add the watercress and cook, stirring for 4 minutes until the leaves have wilted. Cool.
- Add the créme fraiche, then transfer to a food processor and blitz until just smooth. Season to taste. Spoon the dip into a bowl ready to serve with the prawns.
- Cook the prawns on a barbeque or griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side until they turn pink. Place on to the plate while still sizzling hot.
- The dip can be served with barbecued fish and meat or for a vegetarian option with roasted vegetables and warm pitta bread.
Recipe courtesy of www.watercress.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!