Summer spaghetti with raw tomato sauce
This light and tasty raw tomato sauce makes for the perfect summer spaghetti dish when the weather is warm.
It takes just ten minutes to throw together – you can make the sauce while the spaghetti cooks.
This recipe can be served vegetarian or topped with sliced Parma ham to add a little extra flavour.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 300g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 20g capers
- 185g green olives
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ a bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- 500g fresh spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 290g Buffalo mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 8 slices of Parma ham – optional
What to do
- Place a large pan of water on the hob to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, garlic, capers, olives, chili, half of the parsley and olive oil together.
- Place the spaghetti into the boiling water and once boiling again, allow to cook for 5-6 minutes (a little longer if using dried pasta).
- Drain the pasta and toss in the bowl with the tomato mix. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once served, top with the mozzarella and a good handful of chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of the Tomato Stall
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- One pot stovetop mac and cheese with chilli - December 13, 2019
- Living alone? Try these tips to help you feel safe and secure - December 10, 2019
- Make your food last longer with these hints and tips - December 10, 2019
- Festive sweet treats for Christmas - December 9, 2019
- What’s the best Christmas chocolate? - December 6, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!